HitTracker - Search contact person
Music Business Cards
Interview with NICK LAUNAY, producer for Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, Grinderman, The Cribs - Nov 16, 2009
“It was like [the Yeah Yeah Yeahs] deliberately didn’t have a fixed plan. No rehearsals - it was all about just going in and creating.”
The years have yet to dim the passion and rebellion in the heart of producer Nick Launay. Almost three decades after having first made his name in the post-punk era by helping crystallise the reactionary roar of Public Image Ltd, Birthday Party, Midnight Oil, Gang of Four and others, he’s still the man to call on for wild and visceral thrills, as evidenced by recent defining records by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs (USA Top 20 & UK Top 10), Nick Cave (UK, AUS & GER Top 10), Grinderman and, most recently, The Cribs (UK Top 10).
The L.A.-based Brit talks with HitQuarters about creating music with the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Arcade Fire (USA & UK Top 3), The Cribs and Nick Cave, his career break, frustrations with the lack of money for experimentation, and also sends a request out for Iggy Pop if he happens to be out there listening.
Click here to read more
Read On ...
* Producer Phil Ek on recording Fleet Foxes in the rain and Band of Horses in the sun
* Franz Ferdinand, Wild Beasts producer Tore Johansson on recording techniques
* Interview with singer-songwriter and Elvis Costello, Aimee Mann producer Joe Henry
* Arcade Fire and Björk manager Scott Rodger on developing artists
* Interscope A&R Mark Williams on signing the Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Songwriters & Publishers!