HitTracker - Search contact person
Music Business Cards
Interview with STEVE MCEWAN, songwriter for Carrie Underwood, James Blunt, Keith Urban - January 18, 2010
“Suddenly I’m this guy that Faith Hill likes. That was my ‘in’. I got to write with a lot of great writers thanks to Faith.”
Any jobbing songwriter worth their salt must be able to apply their talents wherever artists seek hit songs, regardless of genre or locality. Defining the innate versatility of the top modern songsmith is Steve McEwan, a much-travelled British writer who, in addition to writing for fellow Brit James Blunt (USA & UK No.1), has found considerable chart success with African music in South Africa and country music in the USA, and what’s more has an upcoming date with Jim Jonsin and Eminem pencilled in his diary.
HitQuarters caught up with the roving McEwan to talk about the writing process behind his number one hits for Carrie Underwood (USA No.1), Keith Urban (USA No.1) and Kenny Chesney (USA No.1), ask how he’s adapted to the Nashville style and to hear the secrets of writing with high profile artists.
Click here to read more
Read On ...
* Rascal Flatts A&R Doug Howard on breaking Nashville talent
* busbee on whether songwriters should acquite productions skills
* Songwriter Wayne Hector on classic ballad writing
* Publisher and seasoned songwriter Roger Murrah on making it as a songsmith in Nashville
* ’You’re Beautiful’ writer Sacha Skarbek on writing alongside James Blunt
Songwriters & Publishers!