HitTracker - Search contact person
Music Business Cards
Interview with FRANCESCO GALTIERI, songwriter for Il Divo, Mark Vincent, Altiyan Childs - May 28, 2011
“As an Australian songwriter no one could believe that I got a cut with Il Divo. That's what's great about working with Syco - it comes down to the song and how good it is for their project.”
The lifestyle may be very agreeable but being based in “out of the way” Sydney, Australia can put you at a disadvantage in terms of pursuing an international songwriting career. That’s why songwriter Francesco Galtieri’s already impressive coup of getting a song accepted by Syco Music head Simon Cowell for one of his premier acts, the operatic pop vocal group Il Divo (US & UK No.1), and recorded as the title track of their #1 album ‘The Promise’, seems that much more astonishing. What’s more Galtieri is a self-published, self-managed writer.
We talk to the Australian songwriter about Sweden and its melodic gifts offering a bridge into the western music world, what’s involved in managing your own songwriting career, and how Simon Cowell delivered on The Promise.
Click here to read more
Read On ...
* 'Just Can't Get Enough' writer Julie Frost on her first publishing deal
* Stephanie Salzman on the pros and cons of managing your own publishing
* Katy Perry and Lady Antebellum writer busbee on the value of PROs to unsigned writers
* Bloodshy & Avant manager, Christian Wåhlberg, on mentoring songwriters
* 'What's My Name?' writer on how rising songwriters can get noticed
Songwriters & Publishers!